Father's name: Jalil Ibrahim Mahmoud
Year of birth: 1980
Place of birth: Kani Kurda village, Koya township, Erbil province.
Education: High School Literature.
- Rostam Khamosh spent part of his childhood in the village of Kani Kurda, where he was educated. Later, his family moved to Koya township, then to Tobzawa camp, which is now the village of Rzgari in Khabat. He eventually moved to Erbil and spent most of his life there.
- He was a bright student in primary school, so he graduated first in his first and second grades.
- Alongside attending school, he always worked for a living.
- In addition to school textbooks, he was familiar with reading books, especially literary books, since childhood.
- A year and a half after his father fell ill, on 17-10-1994, his father died. Rostam Khamosh was only 14 years old at that time. Because of his father's death, he suffered a bitter and difficult life and took on work to support his family. He was still a child when he took on this heavy responsibility.
- In 1996, he felt that he had a talent and started writing poetry.
- At the age of 20 and in the year 2000, he got married and has four children, two sons and two daughters.
- In 2000, he turned more to children's literature and wrote his first poem entitled (A Bird in Prison).
- He writes poetry in many fields, but he pays more attention to children's literature and is more active in writing and publishing in this field.
- In addition to writing poetry, he has written several stories and articles for children that have been published in magazines, newspapers, websites and social networks.
- Several of his poems, written for adults and children, have been composed and turned into hymns and songs by artists.
- He has published (8) books so far.
- So far, several interviews have been conducted with him, in websites, newspapers, magazines, radio, local television and social media, which so far makes a total of: (58) interviews, with (9) statements on children's literature.
- Participated in two poetry reading conferences in collaboration with several other poets.
- He has been awarded several prizes and certificates of appreciation for writing for children in particular and in general, as a poet and writer, or as a contributor to magazines with his writings.